Hotel Westport Covid-19 Co-Operative
Safe & Clean from Check In to Check Out
We look forward to welcoming you to Hotel Westport. We appreciate that you will have heightened concerns regarding hygiene during your stay with us and trust in cleanliness standards will be critical to you in choosing to stay with us.
With that in mind, we have created a programme that will focus on the highest standards of cleanliness and social distancing throughout the entire property. In these unprecedented times, your – and our team’s – safety is our highest priority.
The success of the nationwide battle against Covid-19 was and still is, dependant on all of us working together as a community. This is just as relevant during your stay at Hotel Westport. You are a vital component in ensuring continued success and we need your commitment to maintaining the following established Covid-19 public health practices and our operational plan:
• Use sanitising stations and wash hands regularly
• Book breakfast, dinner and pool time at check-in
• Observe social distancing with other guests and staff
• Parents must supervise and remain present with children at all times
• Use cards or room charges for all payments, presenting a credit card for pre-authorisation on arrival
• Settle your account the night before you depart
• Please continue to observe the recommendation of the HSE as has been advised by the government since the onset of the Coronavirus
• And if you feel ill or are from a county/town in lockdown or Level 3 or higher, please do not come to Hotel Westport - call us on 098 25122 and we will be happy to arrange your stay to another time
Unfortunately, failure to co-operate will leave us with no other option but to ask you to vacate the premises in the interests of public health. Please understand that this for YOUR safety as much as our staff and other guests and to ensure that everyone has a safe and pleasant experience with us at Hotel Westport.
And so, we have outlined below the new measures put in place as part of our new Hotel Westport Covid-19 Co-Operative that will help to keep all of us safe. This outlines the procedures that underpin our commitment to you and the terms & conditions that we expect of you during your stay with us.
If you have any queries that are not answered below, please contact us on email@example.com
We look forward to welcoming you to Hotel Westport and we appreciate your custom and collaboration.
General Manager / Chartered F.C.I.P.D.
Hotel Westport has completed the Fáilte Ireland Infection Prevention Control for Tourism Businesses course and signed up to the COVID-19 Safety Charter Terms and Conditions.
Under this, we have declared that all employees returning to work have completed a comprehensive COVID-19 hygiene and safety control training course in accordance with the COVID-19 Safety Charter Terms and Conditions.
General Cleaning Policy
• Ongoing sanitisation of all public areas throughout the day – you will see more of our Dedicated Hygiene Team. They will be present in public areas much of the day. Their mission will be to sanitise and make safe known “hotspots” such as door handles, bathrooms and counter spaces amongst others. Please always co-operate with them.
• We have a long-running partnership with Ecolab and use their trusted chemistry know-how and focus on the human and environmental impact of their products and recommended practices. We have re-written our cleaning protocols to translate the best practices in HSE and Failte Ireland standards to our hotel guest rooms, public areas and staff areas
• We will be working to ventilate the property so you may see more windows open throughout to keep air circulating and fresh.
• HSE and Fáilte Ireland experts continue to advise us on new technologies and approaches, assist in training development and create a rigorous quality assurance program. This expert advice and assistance helps us to build upon the already high standards of housekeeping and hygiene in Hotel Westport and to ensure that the protocols are not only satisfactory but surpass expectations to ensure the health and safety of all our guests and staff.
⇒ Sanitising stations to be located at numerous locations around the hotel such as inside the front door, at the entrance into restaurants and the leisure centre etc. You are asked to avail of them.
⇒ Use of the lifts will be restricted to those with mobility challenges and guests are encouraged to take the stairs. Thankfully, we have only 3 levels on the property so we hope this will not prove to be onerous.
All staff have their temperature checked on arrival at work and any team members recording abnormal temperatures will be asked to stay home.
⇒ Team members to change into uniform in the hotel and undertake our sanitisation procedure before entering their work zone.
⇒ We have provided designated areas for staff to prepare for work and adhere to sanitation procedures.
⇒ Gloves to be worn entering and exiting the hotel.
⇒ Social distancing to apply to staff where breaks are staggered and workspaces spread out to a 2m distance.
⇒ Regular Ecolab Training for all our staff to refresh everyone on cleaning and sanitation procedures.
⇒ Team members will be provided with personal protective equipment appropriate to their area of work. A supply of gloves and personal sanitiser for each individual and some department members may require specific equipment such as our team in accommodation and the laundry. Enhanced training will be provided to protect their well-being.
⇒ Individual work kits will be provided depending on the department, for example, restaurant staff kits to include individual order docket book, biro, service cloths, wipes and gloves.
⇒ Prior to arrival on-site, guests will be asked to complete a self-declaration form. This will be sent out by our Reservations team and we appreciate you completing and returning it to us – ideally prior to arrival.
Government Lockdown or Level 3+ Restrictions
Where the government and NPHET decide to lockdown or advise certain counties or locations to remain at home and restrict travel, we regret that we must postpone any bookings from these locations during this timeframe and for 14 days after to protect the health and well-being of our team and other guests. If you are from a location in lockdown or in Level 3 or higher, as you are not permitted to travel, we would love to reschedule your stay with us to another date following the lockdown. Please call us on 098 25122 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
⇒ Following the Irish Government’s publishing of a “Green List” of approved countries for mutual travel, we can confirm bookings for residents of countries that are on this list straight away. This includes residents from Northern Ireland. Any overseas guests from countries not on the Green List who have been in Ireland and have quarantined will be asked to provide proof of this to confirm their booking. This can be in the form of an airline/ferry ticket or invoice from their place of quarantine. Please visit the Irish Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs website for more details on the Green List and quarantine requirements. If overseas guests arrive without proof, sadly, we will not be able to facilitate their stay. We apologise for any inconvenience and thank you for your cooperation.
⇒ Before arrival, you will be emailed a screening form to complete. This will speed up the check-in process.
⇒ At reception, all guests must use hand sanitizer provided in the sanitisation stations inside the front door and at the front desk and please observe social distancing of 2 metres.
⇒ At check in you will not need to touch anything other than the pin-pad and your key card wallet. Pre-authorisation will be done on your credit card for your stay, you will have to use the pin-pad to enter your pin, this will have been sanitized before your use and again after you use it.
• You’ll notice a change to our reception desk to safeguard the team and you, our guest, as we install safety screens and there will be a 2m area marked out with ropes.
• Guests are encouraged to pre-book with us online. If you can do that, our receptionist will have pre-populated guest information so that your interaction will be brief and efficient. If not, please provide full contact details to the receptionist.
• For all payments, we will take card payments or room charges only.
• Upon completion, you will be given your sanitised key card and directions to the stairs to access your room.
• Careful consideration has been given to the preparation and presentation of your room and you might find somethings different. For example, we may no longer offer pens and paper as well as in room folders.
• Our deep clean of “High Touch Areas” will include extra disinfecting of the most frequently touched guests room areas such as light switches, door handles, TV remotes, toilet flusher, taps, telephone and more.
• Staff will change into a new set of PPE before entering each room to reduce the risk of cross contamination.
• When a guest room is vacated after a stay, all material will be removed and cleaned from the room (even if unused), including bed linen, towels, bathrobes, bathmats, shower curtains and all amenities such glasses, coasters etc.
• All surfaces will be sprayed both vertically and horizontally with Ecolab cleaning products and left so that the agents have time to work. They will then be cleaned down again paying attention to the high touchpoints.
• Our deep clean process will include washing down all tiles, grouting, tissue boxes as well as hoovering and washing all floors.
• The whole room will be sprayed with sanitising solution and window left open.
• When the supervisor/ manager checks the room, (s)he will re-sanitise all high touch points again while doing so to ensure “double sanitisation”.
Dining with Us
⇒ To maintain social distancing, you must make a reservation for breakfast, bar food and dinner so that we may control the numbers dining at any one time.
• In addition to the Islands Restaurant, we will have use of our banqueting suite if we require it to allow for comfortable and spacious social distancing while guests are dining with us for breakfast and dinner. Our Westport Suite is also suitable and may be used for breakfast service also.
⇒ You are asked to avail of the sanitisation stations located at the entrance to restaurants and Cara Suite upon entry and exit.
⇒ Children must dine with parents at all times.
• Breakfast will be served from 8 am to 11 am and is only available by reservation the day before. You can not book multiple days in advance, we just ask that you book your breakfast the day before. Please check in with the restaurant manager on arrival.
• For breakfast, we will serve you from our hot buffet unit which will be safeguarded by an additional glass screen. We will provide markings on the floor for social distancing when queuing for breakfast.
• We will practice social distancing by setting up tables 2m apart and ensuring, as best we can, that large groups are not all booked into the restaurant at any one time.
• We will use disposable items for single-use where possible i.e. menus, paper napkins, individually wrapped condiments, butter, jam, ketchup and salt and pepper sachets.
• Our team will play their part and each team member will have their own workstation exercising ongoing cleaning and sanitisation and will maintain the appropriate distance when taking an order.
• When dining, we may take only card or room charges only as payment.
• Room service will not be available during this time.
• Cian Hayes from Cian’s on Bridge St has joined our team in Hotel Westport to deliver Cian’s at Hotel Westport. Cian will be serving his award-winning fine dining food for all of our guests and locals to enjoy on Friday and Saturday nights from September to December. On all other nights, our own in house team will operate the Islands Restaurant. Reservations are required, please visit the Front Desk.
Serving of Alcohol
• Hotel bars will not be open in the traditional way, it will be a dispense bar/table service only and shutters will be in the closed position. Guests will be served alcohol with their meal only at their table by their server.
Hotel Guest Guidelines
• The Leisure Centre is open to our hotel guests & members only and the following facilities are available only: Pool / Poolside Shower / Disability WC (ALL other areas are out of use).
• Opening times are 7am -7pm (children and family times 9am - 7pm).
• You will need to pre-book your pool time & gym slot separately 24 hrs up to 2hrs in advance subject to availability by dialling extension 2006. (1 visit per area per day allowed)
• The Leisure Centre is not to be entered without a pre booking
• Each guest is welcome to spend up to 45 minutes in the leisure centre to ensure fair usage for everyone
• Booking spaces are limited in the Leisure Centre so you will have plenty of space to social distance.
• Please bring your own water/hydration (No glass containers) or purchase at the vending machine in leisure reception as water fountains will not be in use
• Swim Hats are to be worn during use of the pool, these can be purchased at Leisure Reception for €3.00. Swim nappies to be worn by infants, which can also be purchased at Leisure Reception for €2.00
• When using the Gym, please come pre clothed in gym attire and bring your own water bottle or you can purchase from our vending machine in the gym.
• Our team will ensure that an ongoing hygiene regime is conducted.
• Changing facilities will be not available so we ask that guests please get changed in their bedroom. Please bring your own robe or cover-up. Towels will be available at the pool. Please leave valuables in your bedroom safe.
• Towels provided in Leisure Centre to be left in Leisure Centre Reception before returning back to room
• Sanitising station will be set-up at Leisure centre entrance
• We will be open to current members only
• Pool operating hours will be from 8am till 7pm daily, with children's hours between 9am till 7pm
• Gym operating hours will be from 8:30am till 6:30pm daily
• Use of facility needs to be pre booked by phone (098 50006) between hourly slots, this can be done 24 hrs in advance or on the day, subject to availability.
• Availability of facilities will be limited to ensure strict adherence to Covid-19 restrictions
• Changing room facilities will be for pool users only with lockers allocated for use
• Shared facilities such as spin dryers and hairdryers will not be in use
• Use of pool deck gender neutral WC is limited to hotel residents only
• Gym users to come pre clothed in gym attire as no changing facilities will be available
• Facilities available in the pool area are limited to the main pool & toddler pool
• The Jacuzzi, sauna, steam room will not be available for use
• There will be no scheduled fitness classes and swim lessons till further notice
• Please bring your own water/hydration ( No glass containers) or purchase at vending machine in leisure reception as water fountains will not be in use
• The pool & gym areas are to be evacuated 15 minutes before the hour for our staff to complete hygiene procedures before the next session
• Please do not arrive early before your booking slot
• Social Distancing to be adhered to, hands to be sanitised when entering facility and to follow staff guidance during your visit
• Memberships that were frozen during closure period will be recommencing from 1st July with the balance of memberships left at the time of closure on the 17th March 2020.
• Members paying by direct debit will be contacted in relation to recommencing of direct debit payments before reopening.
• You will need to pre-book your Spa treatment by dialling extension 2008 if a resident in hotel, Calling 09850008 or emailing us on email@example.com You can also fill in an online enquiry form on our website www.hotelwestport.ie
• Each guest must arrive at the spa 15mins before your treatment time to fill in your consultation form and get changed into your robe.
• Consultation form/ Covid-19 Screening form needs to be completed on arrival.
• There is a 48hr cancellation policy in place, anyone cancelling their treatment within 48hrs will be charged 50% off the total booking and within 24hrs of their booking will be a 100% charge.
• Our changing facilities are open, but the showers are unavailable
• Our Relaxation room will not be operating in the spa
• All times given to guest need to be strictly adhered to.
• Late arrivals will result in treatment time being cut or cancelled
• Our team will ensure that an ongoing hygiene regime is conducted.
• Sanitising station will be set-up at the spa entrance
• If a guest is having a pedicure, they will need to bring open toe sandals with them
• Guests can wear their everyday clothes to the spa and change into robe and slippers provided. Swimsuits are not necessary.
• *Government Lockdown and Level 3+ Restrictions* Where the government and NPHET decide to lockdown certain counties or locations or place them on Level 3 or higher status, we regret that we must postpone any bookings from these locations during this timeframe and for 14 days after to protect the health and well-being of our team and other guests. If you are from a location in lockdown, as you are not permitted to travel, we would love to reschedule your stay with us to another date following the lockdown. Please call us on 098 25122 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
• **International Traveller Policy** Following the Irish Government’s publishing of a “Green List” of approved countries for mutual travel, we can confirm bookings for residents of countries that are on this list straight away. This includes residents from Northern Ireland. Any overseas guests from countries not on the Green List who have been in Ireland and have quarantined will be asked to provide proof of this to confirm their booking. This can be in the form of an airline/ferry ticket or invoice from their place of quarantine. Please visit the Irish Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs website for more details on the Green List and quarantine requirements. If overseas guests arrive without proof, sadly, we will not be able to facilitate their stay. We apologise for any inconvenience and thank you for your cooperation.
We Look forward to welcoming you to Senses Spa
• For parents, we understand how important it is to ensure your child is safe and to keep them occupied. We are lucky enough to have a 400 acre back garden and a fantastic team who are qualified to help with that! As we are not in a position to run our award-winning Panda Club during school holidays at this time, we have come up with some fun family alternatives that we think you will ALL LOVE!
• Daytime activity options include the following family fun:
- Pool Time in the Leisure Centre (booking is essential, please see above)
- Discounted Bike hire & Exclusive 10k loop with bike pick-up and drop off from Clew Bay Bike Hire and exclusive use of 10k family-friendly loop through Westport House estate and town. *Please note that an additional charge – discounted off normal bike hire fees – applies and must be paid directly to the bike provider by calling +353(0)9837365.
- Estate Treasure Trails that you can do together (much more fun than a “boring” walk).
⇒ Evening Time Activity:
- Family dinner
⇒ Parents must supervise all activities including dinner. As you can appreciate, we cannot offer a drop off service to ensure effective social distancing & hygiene measures amongst the children.
1. Enjoy our 400 acre back garden featuring extensive woodland walks, lakeland and parkland in our back garden, Westport House Estate
2. Visit Westport House and learn the fascinating story behind “Ireland’s Most Beautiful House”
3. Hire a bike and take the exclusive 10k loop through the estate and town
4. Hit up the blue flag local beaches
5. Enjoy nearby looped walks
6. Take a beautiful scenic drive to Achill, Connemara or Louisburgh.
⇒ In order to observe social distancing and to avoid queuing in the morning, guests are advised to settle their account in the evening before departure – please visit the reception anytime between 10pm & 11pm.