Hotel Westport Covid-19 Co-Operative
We look forward to welcoming you to Hotel Westport. We know the Covid-19 situation is changing every day but right now we are business as usual. There have been no confirmed cases in our area and we are and will continue to follow any government guidelines and will implement all directives clearly.
* Each and every team member have been re-trained on the Fáilte Ireland COVID-19 Safety Charter, a program that is designed to give comfort and reassurance to our guests, employees and employers that our business is ready to re-open and operate safely.* Additional dedicated members of the team have been employed to continuously sanitise all our public areas numerous times a day throughout the Hotel.* We have added additional soap options in all public toilets.* Hand sanitiser is available at reception, on the corridors and upon entry/exit of all our facilities.* Each department has new protocol to disinfect their areas regularly throughout the day.* We are practicing social distancing and setting up tables further apart and ensuring as best we can that large groups are not all booked in the restaurant at any one time. Dinner bookings can be pre-booked up to 3-days in advance (call 098 25122) or when in the Hotel with our Hospitality team members. A maximum of 6 diners may sit at a table (maximum 15 persons when including children aged 12 or younger)* There is a requirement for COVID Pass (Vaccination or recovery) for hotel bars and restaurants (ie removing exemption for residents).
* Table Service Only
* No multiple table bookings and no intermingling permitted* Under current guidelines, The Maple Bar is permitted to serve until 11pm and there is no requirement for a meal to be purchased. We will request your contact details upon entering the Maple Bar for contact tracing purposes. Unfortunately, live entertainment is not permitted under the current guidelines.
* To ensure we keep numbers to a minimum at all times, Breakfast will be pre-booked in advance.
* Our 20m Swimming Pool in the Leisure Centre will be open, this may be pre-booked up to 24-hrs prior to arrival by calling the Leisure team on 098 50006.
* Treatments in our Senses Spa may be pre-booked in advance by calling
098 50008.* Regular Eco Lab Training for all our staff to refresh everyone on cleaning and sanitation procedures.* Items regularly used in rooms like TV remotes & phones, light switches, lamp switches and all surfaces are being given a deep clean in each room.* Staff members will be wearing Masks at all times and we respectfully request that you do likewise to ensure the safety of all concerned.* We have a dedicated Covid Team within the Hotel, a full plan of action and
an isolation room should it be required for a guest or staff member.The above statement is our current status. Should the national situation change we too will have to review our policies and action plans. We ask that everyone does their bit and take the procedures necessary.Below is a full and comprehensive outline of our Covid safety plan, broken down into all our various departments throughout the Hotel.Thank you all for your continued support & we look forward to welcoming you to Hotel Westport for a wonderful break with us.Kind Regards,
The Team at Hotel Westport
Comprehensive outline of the Hotel Westport Covid Safety Plan
The Fáilte Ireland Covid Safety Charter
The COVID-19 Safety Charter is a Government-endorsed initiative to reinforce confidence in domestic and overseas visitors in tourism businesses. The COVID-19 Safety Charter is designed to give comfort and reassurance to employers, employees, and customers that Hotel Westport is ready to re-open safely. The Team at Hotel Westport have all successfully completed the required training to be accredited with this safety charter.
Safe & Clean from Check-In to Check Out
We look forward to welcoming you to Hotel Westport. We appreciate that you will have heightened concerns regarding hygiene during your stay with us and trust in cleanliness standards will be critical to you in choosing to stay with us.
With that in mind, we have created a programme that will focus on the highest standards of cleanliness and social distancing throughout the entire property. In these unprecedented times, your – and our team’s – safety is our highest priority.
The success of the nationwide battle against Covid-19 was and still is, dependant on all of us working together as a community. This is just as relevant during your stay at Hotel Westport. You are a vital component in ensuring continued success and we need your commitment to maintaining the following established Covid-19 public health practices and our operational plan:
• Use sanitising stations and wash hands regularly
• Book breakfast on check-in. You can pre-book Dinner prior to arrival
• Bookings for Swimming in Ocean Spirit Leisure open 24-hours prior to arrival
• Please observe social distancing with other guests and staff
• Parents must supervise and remain present with children at all times
• Use cards or room charges for all payments, presenting a credit card for pre-authorisation on arrival
• Settle your account the night before you depart
• Please continue to observe the recommendation of the HSE as has been advised by the government since the onset of the Coronavirus
• And if you feel ill or are from a county/town in lockdown or Level 3 or higher, please do not come to Hotel Westport - call us on 098 25122 and we will be happy to arrange your stay to another time
Unfortunately, failure to co-operate will leave us with no other option but to ask you to vacate the premises in the interests of public health. Please understand that this for YOUR safety is as much as our staff and other guests and to ensure that everyone has a safe and pleasant experience with us at Hotel Westport.
And so, we have outlined below the new measures put in place as part of our new Hotel Westport Covid-19 Co-Operative that will help to keep all of us safe. This outlines the procedures that underpin our commitment to you and the terms & conditions that we expect of you during your stay with us.
If you have any queries that are not answered below, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to welcoming you to Hotel Westport and we appreciate your custom and collaboration.
General Manager / Chartered F.C.I.P.D.
Hotel Westport has completed the Fáilte Ireland Infection Prevention Control for Tourism Businesses course and signed up to the COVID-19 Safety Charter Terms and Conditions.
Under this, we have declared that all employees returning to work have completed a comprehensive COVID-19 hygiene and safety control training course in accordance with the COVID-19 Safety Charter Terms and Conditions.
General Cleaning Policy
• Ongoing sanitisation of all public areas throughout the day – you will see more of our Dedicated Hygiene Team. They will be present in public areas much of the day. Their mission will be to sanitise and make safe known “hotspots” such as door handles, bathrooms, and counter spaces amongst others. Please always co-operate with them.
• We have a long-running partnership with Ecolab and use their trusted chemistry know-how and focus on the human and environmental impact of their products and recommended practices. We have re-written our cleaning protocols to translate the best practices in HSE and Failte Ireland standards to our hotel guest rooms, public areas, and staff areas
• We will be working to ventilate the property so you may see more windows open throughout to keep air circulating and fresh.
• HSE and Fáilte Ireland experts continue to advise us on new technologies and approaches, assist in training development, and create a rigorous quality assurance program. This expert advice and assistance helps us to build upon the already high standards of housekeeping and hygiene in Hotel Westport and to ensure that the protocols are not only satisfactory but surpass expectations to ensure the health and safety of all our guests and staff.
⇒ Sanitising stations to be located at numerous locations around the hotel such as inside the front door, at the entrance into restaurants and the leisure centre, etc. You are asked to avail of them.
⇒ Use of the lifts will be restricted to those with mobility challenges and guests are encouraged to take the stairs. Thankfully, we have only 3 levels on the property so we hope this will not prove to be onerous.
All staff have their temperature checked on arrival at work and any team members recording abnormal temperatures will be asked to stay home.
⇒ Team members to change into uniform in the hotel and undertake our sanitisation procedure before entering their work zone.
⇒ We have provided designated areas for staff to prepare for work and adhere to sanitation procedures.
⇒ Social distancing to apply to staff where breaks are staggered and workspaces spread out to a 2m distance.
⇒ Regular Ecolab Training for all our staff to refresh everyone on cleaning and sanitation procedures.
⇒ Team members will be provided with personal protective equipment appropriate to their area of work. A supply of gloves and personal sanitiser for each individual and some department members may require specific equipment such as our team in accommodation and the laundry. Enhanced training will be provided to protect their well-being.
⇒ Individual work kits will be provided depending on the department, for example, restaurant staff kits to include individual order docket book, biro, service cloths, wipes, and gloves.
⇒ Prior to arrival on-site, guests will be asked to complete a self-declaration form. This will be sent out by our Reservations team and we appreciate you completing and returning it to us – ideally prior to arrival.
Government Lockdown or Level 3+ Restrictions
Where the government and NPHET decide to lockdown or advise certain counties or locations to remain at home and restrict travel, we regret that we must postpone any bookings from these locations during this timeframe and for 14 days after to protect the health and well-being of our team and other guests. If you are from a location in lockdown or in Level 3 or higher, as you are not permitted to travel, we would love to reschedule your stay with us to another date following the lockdown. Please call us on 098 25122 or email email@example.com to discuss.
⇒ Following the Irish Government’s publishing of a “Green List” of approved countries for mutual travel, we can confirm bookings for residents of countries that are on this list straight away. This includes residents from Northern Ireland. Any overseas guests from countries not on the Green List who have been in Ireland and have quarantined will be asked to provide proof of this to confirm their booking. This can be in the form of an airline/ferry ticket or invoice from their place of quarantine. Please visit the Irish Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs website for more details on the Green List and quarantine requirements. If overseas guests arrive without proof, sadly, we will not be able to facilitate their stay. We apologise for any inconvenience and thank you for your cooperation.
⇒ Before arrival, you will be emailed a screening form to complete. This will speed up the check-in process.
⇒ At the reception, all guests must use hand sanitizer provided in the sanitisation stations inside the front door and at the front desk, and please observe social distancing of 2 metres.
⇒ At check-in, you will not need to touch anything other than the pin-pad and your key card wallet. Pre-authorisation will be done on your credit card for your stay, you will have to use the pin-pad to enter your pin, this will have been sanitized before your use and again after you use it.
• You’ll notice a change to our reception desk to safeguard the team and you, our guest, as we install safety screens and there will be a 2m area marked out with ropes.
• Guests are encouraged to pre-book with us online. If you can do that, our receptionist will have pre-populated guest information so that your interaction will be brief and efficient. If not, please provide full contact details to the receptionist.
• To stay in Hotle Westport, all guests must be vaccinated and present their COVID Pass to reception on arrival.
• For all payments, we will take card payments or room charges only.
• Upon completion, you will be given your sanitised key card and directions to the stairs to access your room.
• Careful consideration has been given to the preparation and presentation of your room and you might find some things different. For example, we may no longer offer pens and paper as well as in-room folders.
• Our deep clean of “High Touch Areas” will include extra disinfecting of the most frequently touched guest's room areas such as light switches, door handles, TV remotes, toilet flusher, taps, telephone, and more.
• Staff will change into a new set of PPE before entering each room to reduce the risk of cross-contamination.
• When a guest room is vacated after a stay, all material will be removed and cleaned from the room (even if unused), including bed linen, towels, bathrobes, bathmats, shower curtains, and all amenities such glasses, coasters, etc.
• All surfaces will be sprayed both vertically and horizontally with Ecolab cleaning products and left so that the agents have time to work. They will then be cleaned down again paying attention to the high touchpoints.
• Our deep clean process will include washing down all tiles, grouting, tissue boxes as well as hoovering and washing all floors.
• The whole room will be sprayed with sanitising solution and the window left open.
• When the supervisor/ manager checks the room, (s)he will re-sanitise all high touch points again while doing so to ensure “double sanitisation”.
Dining with Us
⇒ To maintain social distancing, you must make a reservation for breakfast, our Islands Restaurant Bistro, the Maple Bar and Gracy's Pizzeria & Bistro so that we may control the numbers dining at any one time.
• In addition to the Islands Restaurant and the Maple Bar we will have use of our banqueting suite if we require it to allow for comfortable and spacious social distancing while guests are dining with us for breakfast and dinner.
• 10-Minutes walk into our Estate, we also have our Gracy's Pizzeria & Bistro, equipped with a wood fire stone-baked pizza oven, beer garden and playground. This option is also available to pre-book in advance of your stay with us.
⇒ You are asked to avail of the sanitisation stations located at the entrance and exits of our Dining areas.
⇒ Children must dine with parents at all times and remain seated at their tables.
• Breakfast will be served from 8 am to 11 am and is only available by reservation the day before. You cannot book multiple days in advance, we ask that you book your breakfast the day before. Please check in with the restaurant manager on arrival.
• For breakfast, we will serve you from our hot buffet unit which will be safeguarded by an additional glass screen. Please abide by the markings on the floor for social distancing when queuing for breakfast.
• We will practice social distancing by setting up tables 2m apart and ensuring, as best we can, that large groups are not all booked into the dining areas at any one time.
• We will use disposable items for single-use where possible i.e. menus, paper napkins, individually wrapped condiments, butter, jam and ketchup.
• Our team will play their part and each team member will have their own workstation exercising ongoing cleaning and sanitisation and will maintain the appropriate distance when taking an order.
• When dining, we may take only card or room charges only as payment.
• Room service will not be available during this time.
• We will have QR codes available for you to access our various Menus at your leisure.
• There will be table service only
Serving of Alcohol
• Hotel bars will not be open in the traditional way, it will be a dispense bar/table service only and shutters will be in the closed position. Guests will be served alcohol with their meal only at their table by their server.
Hotel Guest & Member Guidelines
o We are open to members, 10 visit pass holders and hotel residents.
o There is a requirement for a COVID Pass to gain entry into gyms and leisure centres
o Booking of sessions is not required, however pool/gym capacity will be limited to ensure adequate distancing between users.
o We kindly ask you to keep your visit to our facility to 1 hour or less to provide equal usage to everyone.
o Pool facilities will be unavailable during children’s swim lessons (4pm-6pm Tuesday & Thursday)
o Face Masks to be worn in the reception/public areas (including changing facilities) areas. Face masks are not required in the pool or while exercising in the gym.
o Hands to be sanitised upon entry of Leisure Centre.
o The jacuzzi, sauna & steam room will not be in use till further notice
o In the interest of safety, we ask gym users to bring their own exercise mat, towel & water bottle.
o Please see our updated opening hours
We Look forward to welcoming you to Ocean Spirit Leisure.
• You will need to pre-book your Spa treatment by dialing extension 2008 if a resident in hotel, Calling 09850008 or emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org You can also fill in an online enquiry form on our website www.hotelwestport.ie
• Each guest must arrive at the spa 15mins before your treatment time to fill in your consultation form and get changed into your robe.
• Consultation form/ Covid-19 Screening form needs to be completed on arrival.
• There is a 48hr cancellation policy in place, anyone canceling their treatment within 48hrs will be charged 50% off the total booking and within 24hrs of their booking will be a 100% charge.
• Our changing facilities are open, but the showers are unavailable
• Our Relaxation room will not be operating in the spa
• All times given to guests need to be strictly adhered to.
• Late arrivals will result in treatment time being cut or canceled
• Our team will ensure that an ongoing hygiene regime is conducted.
• Sanitising station will be set up at the spa entrance
• If a guest is having a pedicure, they will need to bring open toe sandals with them
• Guests can wear their everyday clothes to the spa and change into robe and slippers provided. Swimsuits are not necessary.
• *Government Lockdown and Level 3+ Restrictions* Where the government and NPHET decide to lockdown certain counties or locations or place them on Level 3 or higher status, we regret that we must postpone any bookings from these locations during this timeframe and for 14 days after to protect the health and well-being of our team and other guests. If you are from a location in lockdown, as you are not permitted to travel, we would love to reschedule your stay with us to another date following the lockdown. Please call us on 098 25122 or email email@example.com to discuss.
• **International Traveller Policy** Following the Irish Government’s publishing of a “Green List” of approved countries for mutual travel, we can confirm bookings for residents of countries that are on this list straight away. This includes residents from Northern Ireland. Any overseas guests from countries not on the Green List who have been in Ireland and have quarantined will be asked to provide proof of this to confirm their booking. This can be in the form of an airline/ferry ticket or invoice from their place of quarantine. Please visit the Irish Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs website for more details on the Green List and quarantine requirements. If overseas guests arrive without proof, sadly, we will not be able to facilitate their stay. We apologise for any inconvenience and thank you for your cooperation.
We Look forward to welcoming you to Senses Spa
For parents, we understand how important it is to ensure your child is safe and to keep them occupied. We are lucky enough to have a 400 acre back garden and a fantastic team who are qualified to help with that! Fun family alternatives that we think you will ALL LOVE!
Daytime activity options include the following family fun:
- Pool Time in the Leisure Centre (booking is essential, please see above)
- Complimentary Ice Cream for Children
- Discounted Bike hire & Exclusive 10k loop with bike pick-up and drop-off from Clew Bay Bike Hire and exclusive use of 10k family-friendly loop through Westport House estate and town. *Please note that an additional charge – discounted off normal bike hire fees – applies and must be paid directly to the bike provider by calling +353(0)9837365.
- Estate Treasure Trails that you can do together (much more fun than a “boring” walk).
- Family dinner
⇒ Parents must supervise all activities including dinner. As you can appreciate, we cannot offer a drop-off service to ensure effective social distancing & hygiene measures amongst the children.
1. Enjoy our 400 acre back garden featuring extensive woodland walks, Lakeland, and parkland in our back garden, Westport House Estate
2. Hire a bike on-site at Hotel Westport (resident discounts available) and enjoy the 10k loop through the estate and town or connect from our Estate onto the 42km Great Western Greenway all the way to Achill Island
3. Hit up the blue flag local beaches
4. Enjoy nearby looped walks
5. Take a beautiful scenic drive to Achill, Connemara or Louisburgh.
6. Breath in and enjoy our amazing parkland, Lakeland and woodland 400-Acre Estate
⇒ In order to observe social distancing and to avoid queuing in the morning, guests are advised to settle their account in the evening before departure – please visit the reception anytime between 10pm & 11pm.